"Collapse due to Gastroenteritis and Possible..."

About: Wansbeck Hospital

My wife Margaret Hoole has had to use the dept twice in the last four weeks.First visit was after a collapse when she had gastroenteritis when blood pressure was in her boots. The department were extremely thorough. Heart checks and chest and abdomen xrays. We were certainly put at ease and dealt with great dignity. Second visit was after a trip and fall incident. Very badly bruised and sprained wrist. Once again treat with dignity and very helpful staff in all departments.

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Mr Hoole,

Many thanks for sharing this story of your wife's care. I am sorry that Margaret's health has brought her into hospital twice in the last month. Delighted 'though to hear that on each occassion she received a prompt and thorough response delivered with kindness and compassion - exactly the way we want our care to be delivered always.

Best wishes,

Annie

Response from Wansbeck Hospital

Dear Mr Hoole, Many thanks for sharing this story of your wife's care. I am sorry that Margaret's health has brought her into hospital twice in the last month. Delighted 'though to hear that on each occassion she received a prompt and thorough response from our staff delivered with kindness and compassion - exactly the way we want our care to be, always. I do hope Margaret is recovering well after her fall - this can be so upsetting. Do let us know if there's anything else you need. Best wishes, Annie