"Day Case Patient - Cataract Removal"

About: King's Mill Hospital

Three days ago, I had a cataract removed from my left eye on the Day-Case Unit. As he had performed the right eye cataract removal nine months earlier, I had no fear whatsoever and was very grateful to have no pain throughout the operation. I would highly recommend this treatment at The Kingsmill Hospital and give encouragement to any patients on the waiting list to be assured they are in the hands of a dedicated, professional, and friendly Staff. From the minute you arrive you are kept informed of the whole procedure, by a team of very caring health workers who listen to you and answer any queries you might have. Kingsmill Hospital is like a small village, looking after so many concerns, and it never ceases to amaze me,how they manage to treat every patient so 'individually and with such care and warmth. Even a cup of tea/coffee and biscuits are on hand right at the appropriate time.in the Day-Case Unit. The cataract Op. itself takes only about half an hour, but allow a couple of hours for the before- and- after procedures and paperwork- which is equally as important. A Huge Thank You to all of the Kingsmill Doctors Surgeons and Staff (especially Ophthalmology Dept. in my case) and wishing you continued success in future patient -care programmes.

Response from King's Mill Hospital

Thank you for your feedback, we will circulate your comments to the ophthalmology teams in the clinic and on the day case unit for them to share with colleagues.