"I am being treated for breast cancer"

About: Royal Berkshire Hospital

The only criticism I have is the waiting times but then there are so many people being treated that's understandable, because of the nature of my treatment I am frequently at the hospital cancer care department and have to say I cannot fault the treatment I have received, all of the staff have been friendly and efficient getting to and from the hospital is time consuming but that's not the fault of the hospital and I would highly recommend it.

Response from Royal Berkshire Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments regarding the Berkshire Cancer Centre. The staff work very hard to ensure a high standard of care and it is reassuring to hear that this is your experience of the service. We are sorry that the waiting times have impacted on your experience; however, as you say, it is to a certain extent understandable with the nature of the consultations taking place, that at times a little longer is required. We are currently reviewing processes to see how we can improve timeliness of consultations and treatment, to minimise unnecessary delays.