"I’m very grateful for their care"

About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

I have two wolf dogs, whilst out walking one of them ran into the back of me and knocked me into a sort of pit in Phear Park in Exmouth.

I called for help but, because my dogs were now guarding me, passer by initially called the police and then called for an ambulance. The police arrived first and stayed with me until they were able to hand over to the ambulance crew. I was amazed they managed to get the ambulance to me across the parkland, I was expecting to walk.

I had broken my humerus in two places, Mark and Steve, the ambulance crew, were able to see the damage straight away. They kept making jokes whilst they checked my injuries, this really helped to boost my spirits. I’m very grateful for their care.

Dear Leaf173

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope you are feeling much better now.

It is always rewarding to hear that our staff are continuing to provide excellent care to our patients when they need us most.

I would like to pass your kind comments onto Mark and Steve who came to your aid. Would you be able to contact me, laura.martin@swast.nhs.uk or call 01392 453831, at your convenience, with the date and location that the ambulance attended? This would allow me to identify the staff involved and ensure they are recognised for the care they gave.

Thank you again for providing feedback on our service.

Laura

• Leaf173 thinks this response is helpful

Thank you so much for taking the time to speak to me on the telephone. I have identified Mark and Steve and your kind comments are on their way to them as I type this.

I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery.

Laura