"Very poor care from the overnight staff"

About: Guy's Hospital

The staff were very rude and out of all the overnight midwives I had only 3 of them were really nice and caring the rest of them were disgusting. The bathroom was very dirty. No one came to change my sheets and I had a C section so I was bleeding a lot!! I wouldn't recommend this hospital to one couldn't wait to get out from there and I was there for 7 days and it was the worst experience ever and this is where I had my first baby!!!

Response from Guy's Hospital

Thank you for sharing your experience of giving birth at St Thomas.’ I am very sorry that the treatment you received fell so far short of the compassionate and sensitive care we aim to provide for all patients. Your feedback has been shared with the Matron responsible for the Maternity wards, who was very concerned to learn of your experience. Your feedback has been raised with all midwifery staff through team meetings, to raise awareness of the importance of staff attitude at all times. Regarding your comments on the cleanliness of the bathroom, the Matron has informed me that all parts of the ward, including the bathrooms, are currently undergoing a deep clean, which is a 2 – 3 week process. If it would be helpful to discuss your time on this ward with the Matron or one of her colleagues, please contact PALS, who would be happy to liaise on your behalf. PALS can be contacted by telephone on 020 7188 8801, 020 7188 8801 or by email at pals@gstt.nhs.uk.