"Great care for minor surgery "

About: Royal Preston Hospital / General surgery

Had minor surgery on day unit at Preston Royal Infirmary in the afternoon. Nothing major at all but still nervous, being a nurse and a midwife myself - we make terrible patients.

Couldn't fault it, except perhaps the lady on the admissions desk who could have been more friendly - the nurses were lovely and very professional, chatty to me and put me at ease all the way from arrival and leaving, the doctor Mr Shah, was lovely, kind, explained stuff well, everything a doctor should be and there was obviously good comfortable team working. The place from front door to theatres and loo was spotless - well done cleaning team.

I believe that if you get the little ops right the big ones should be right too.

Thank you Preston.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It was extremely pleasing to hear that your experience was largely very positive, though we were sorry to hear that the attitude of one staff member did detract from that slightly. Please be assured that your comments have been shared with the relevant managers.