"Breast biopsy"

About: Maidstone District General Hospital

I had to have a biopsy after a check up on a lump in my right breast. From the start the doctor I saw was down to earth, honest and had a sense of humour that put me at ease. Although he thought it was ok and age related he sent me for a mammogram, so we could be sure. As a result of that I had to have a biopsy in my left breast. I am one of life's wimps and was very anxious and a tad weepy when I went for the biopsy. Once in there the nurses and consultant struggled to find the cells, so I was longer than initially thought. Throughout the whole appointment the nurses were lovely, in fact beyond lovely. I cannot praise them enough. When I returned for my results the doctor could see the anxiety on my face and immediately gave me the result. I know I was lucky having the all clear, but this does not diminish the kindness and professional service I received from staff at the Peggy Wood Breast Care Centre. The only words I have left to say are thankyou.

Response from Maidstone District General Hospital

Thank you for your kind comments. We are so glad to hear that you received such good news following your recent tests. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback. We have forwarded on your comments to the General Manager for Surgery, who will pass on these compliments to all of the staff involved in your care and know that the staff will appreciate receiving such positive feedback. Once again, thank you. With kind regards. The PALS team.