"My sons teeth removal"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

Myself & my partner attended the safari day unit on Friday 3/10/14. All the staff on the ward led couldn't of been nicer. My little boy was very frightened & a member of staff took her time to sit down with him & explain what was going to happen. She totally allayed his fears. Another member of staff who also works on the ward then came to introduce herself to Alex as she was going to take him down to theatre . She set up the WII for him to play on whilst we waited for his slot. When it was his turn she came with us, & along with the theatre staff reassured Alex when he got upset & also me when I got upset. All theatre staff were amazing with Alex & the recovery staff. Myself & my partner cannot thank all staff involved in Alex care enough. They were all absolutely wonderful . Thank you so much to you all.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Lorna

Thank you so much for your kind and generous feedback. The experience you describe is exactly the high standard that we would wish all of our children and families to have so it is fantastic to hear that we got it so right for Alex. I will pass on your comments to my own team on Safari Ward and also to the theatre staff. I do hope Alex has got over his experience now and has recovered well from his surgery.

Best wishes