"Not allowed to visit my partner at King's Mill"

About: King's Mill Hospital / General surgery

My partner was admitted onto the day ward at King's Mill.

We arrived at 8am, my partner was extremely nervous and wanted me to stay with him. When we arrived I was told I could not stay and they would ring me to collect him.

I think this is disgraceful. When a loved one is going through something like that you want to be with them, and i'm sure he would have wanted me there for comfort. The receptionist was quite abrupt and not very welcoming at all.

So now i am sat at home worrying. I have just rang and still he is not even allowed visitors when he returns from theatre. This is ridiculous. What is the harm in having someone there to comfort you? I'm sure if one of the staff's family was havng an op they would want to be there, so what is the big problem?

This seriously needs looking into.

Response from Charlotte Lawson-Braley, Support and Development Manager, Principia

Dear Chazza

I was concerned to hear about your experience at Kings Mill Hospital. Please can I ask you to contact my colleagues in the Patients Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) at Kings Mill Hospital who will be able to look into your story. Their contact details are:

Telephone: 01623 672222 (direct line)

Ext 6101

Out of hours answer phone available at all times

Email: pals.kmh@sfh-tr.nhs.uk