"Excellent Hopsital, however long time to be seen! "

About: Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital / General medicine Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

Because my choice of hospital was Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital and appointment could not be arranged. I had to wait for the hospital to send out an appointment.

From my letter with TRAQS in April, it took until August before I saw a consultant. I hasten to add the hospital is an excellent one; it just takes a long time to be seen!

Response from Helen Handy, TRAQS & CAB Co-Ordinator, Telford and Wrekin CCG

Dear Niff971

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience when being referred via TRAQS.

Unfortunately TRAQS are not always able to offer an appointment date at the hospital of your Choice and the patient is added to a waiting list at the hospital and is contacted by the hospital indue course when they are able to offer the patient a date to attend.

If you would like to discuss any aspect of your wait for an appointment at RJAH I am sure that the Patient Advice and Liaison Officer will be happy to discuss your comments with you.

How to contact PALS?

PALS can be contacted in the following ways:

PALS staff are available to meet patients on a face to face basis on the ward or in clinic by contacting 01691 40 4606 / 4608

Alternatively appointments can be made by telephoning the above number.

An answer phone will take out of hours messages and PALS will then return the call as soon as possible

Or Email: PALS.office@rjah.nhs.uk

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments with the team

Response from Kayleigh Aris, Clinical Governance Admin Assistant, Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic and District Hospital NHS Trust

Good afternoon Niff971

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you had to wait a long time for an appointment; however, we are thrilled to hear that you chose to be treated at RJAH and are very grateful for your compliments. It is always encouraging to hear of positive experiences patients have had here at the RJAH Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. We aim to provide high quality services for all our patients.

As stated above, please do not hesitate to contact our PALS service if you require any further assistance with this matter.

Response from Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent experience at The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. It is always encouraging to hear of positive experiences patients have had here. We aim to provide high quality services for all our patients. We are sorry that you had to wait a long time to see a Consultant here.