"Physiotherapy and Dermatology"

About: Biggart Hospital Crosshouse Hospital / Dermatology

Earlier this month I had an appointment with Brian Scarisbrick, a physiotherapist at the Biggart Hospital. The appointment went very satisfactorily, I was very pleased with the treatment and service I received.

There is a very minor issue with the hospital however in that I found it difficult to find my way round. It was not always clear which door we should go through and, having gone through a door it was not always clear where to go next. Mr Scarisbrick is in a specialist unit, we had to ask a nurse how to get to his rooms which are next to a shop. It was fine once we knew this.

I also had an appointment at Crosshouse Hospital with Drs Waters and Duffy in the Dermatology clinic, both doctors were excellent.

Dear Row519,

I will be very happy to pass this along to Brian Scarisbrick, Drs Waters and Dr Duffy. I am sure they will be very happy to receive your positive comments.

Some people find attending hospital quite stressful. If the signs and directions are good, it can make all the difference to your experience. I will let the management team know how difficult it was for you to find your way around. If it was difficult for you, I am sure it will have been difficult for others and it will continue to be so unless we do something about it.

Thank very much for contacting us and letting us know about your experience.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Response from Eunice Goodwin, Patient Feedback Manager for NHS Ayrshire and Arran, Quality Improvement and Governance Team, NHS Ayrshire and Arran We are preparing to make a change

Dear Row519,

I am delighted to let you know that one of our senior managers responded

"signage improvement is firmly on the agenda with new signage due to be installed shortly within Crosshouse Hospital. A review of Ayr Hospital signage will commence this financial year. I will add Biggart Hospital to the review list".

I realise this will not solve things immediately, but it is now on the 'to do list' and that is great. Thank you again for letting us know about this, it gives us a chance to make things better.

Eunice

Response from Skin Conditions Campaign Scotland

Dear Row519,

Skin Conditions Campaign Scotland thanks you for speaking out about the excellent treatment you received in the Dermatology clinic at Crosshouse Hospital.

We would encourage more patients to speak out if they wish to retain the highest quality, specialist and effective dermatology care they need within NHS hospitals in Scotland

Thanks again.