"Great drop in service"

About: Caterham Dene Hospital

I went to the Minor Injuries Clinic after being told about it at my doctors (as I couldn't be seen there that day). I was in and out after 40 minutes having been treated for an insect sting of some kind. The receptionist asked me to fill in a form which was passed to the nursing staff. The nurse practitioner was friendly and not harried in any way which is often the case if you have ever used A&E. After assessing the sting and taking my history a short course of medication was prescribed and I was told to return for follow up. I have lived in the area for seven years and until today did not know there was a minor injuries clinic on my doorstep. This is definitely a service that could do with more publicity.

Response from Liz Hobby, Communications Manager, First Community Health & Care CIC

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our Minor Injuries Unit. We are delighted to hear you had a positive experience and that your GP was able to tell you about this fantastic local service.

We endeavour to advertise this service via local public services and advertising as we are now open 7 days a week 9.00 - 8pm. We will continue to make sure we spread the news far and wide!

We will share your comments with the team.

Thanks once again,