"Not sure twhat is happening"

About: Wallingford Community Hospital

We visited a friend there. The ward had people who had broken wrists etc and could not cope at home. Fine, but patients spent much of the day in bed which I suspect is going to make them weaker and unlikely to get them abe to live independent lives. Another patient there was very distressed at the amount of questioning she had had on her home ownership and was scared of losing her house to pay for care. Our friend also had similar questioning - more abourt property ownership than about how she could make arrangements to cope at home. Overall people who stay here may well end up becoming unable to look after themselves and having to sell their houses to pay for a place in a care home - all for having a broken wrist. There may be more to it than I saw or was told - but I can onlt say as I see.

Response from Wallingford Community Hospital

Thank you for your message. We are sorry for the delay in getting back to you, we were also very sorry to hear about your experience but we are very keen to hear about it so we can improve our services. I would welcome you contacting our PALS team so we can look into your concerns PALS@oxfordhealth.nhs.uk or please feel free to contact us on our freephone number 0800 328 7971