"Help for Mental Health and understanding please!"

About: Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult Mental Health Services - Community (County)

(as a carer),

Mental Health is a minefield there is not enough help or information for carers, families and friends.

It would be good if there was someone at the community practice to help us.. Wyburn Medical Practice, Curtis St, Hucknall is good but I don't think all the doctors have sufficient knowledge about Mental Health. My husband has got bi polar, personality disorder, compulsive obsessional behaviour and psychosis.

I don't think my husbands needs are being fully understood.

When we go to the GP we only get 10 minutes. If this is a doctor who doesn't know you they make you feel as if you are a nuisance and bothering them. Whether they mean to do that I don't know but this is how it comes across to me,

I would like for one appointed Doctor or GP practitioner nurse with a sound knowledge of Mental Health who can give help or advice when necessary.

I would also like better education on Mental Health for Carers and their families

Thank you for your feedback. Whyburn Medical Practice don't have a subscription to Patient Opinion so I have forwarded the posting to them and asked if they would like to reply. As your husband has received services from us I am happy to post a reply from them next week when a GP will reply to you. Thank you for your suggestions about how Mental Health for Carers and Families should be prioritised.

If you would like more information for carers and families please have a look at our website page

There is also a Community of Interest for Carer Families and Friends within our Trust that would welcome your ideas and input as a carer with lived experience.

By working together in an area of specific interest, Communities of Interest can help to influence the direction the Trust takes to the benefit of service users, carers, partners, staff and public members. Contact details

Carers, Families and Friends COI

Executive Sponsor: Dean Howells

Contact: Rob Gardiner 0115 962 9310 (Carers Federation)

r.gardiner@carersfederation.co.uk

Look out for another reply next week

Many thanks

Jane

• Hellfire thinks this response is helpful