"cardio ward"

About: Good Hope Hospital

I was admitted to hospital as an emergency after huge blood loss,which then caused me to have a heart attack.This was the first time I have had a stay in hospital in my 66 years,and I was rather worried about it.No need,the staff at every level were friendly and professional,and I was kept informed all the way through my stay.The food was good,just enough of it and plenty of choice.Everywhere was clean and tidy and I am still a little in awe of the amazing treatment I received.Just one critisism,visitors are important when you are confined to bed with drip feeds coming out of every spare space,and they just can't park,on one occassion my son had to drive to a park and walk back(a good distance).If he could park it costs a fortune.Small moan compared to the care I got,but it could make a huge difference to some,especially elderly or disabled visitors and I do feel you should do more than pay lip service to it.

Response from Ann-Marie Riley, Head Nurse, Good Hope Hospital, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Adrian

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback-it's great for teams to hear when patients have a positive experience.

I know parking is sometimes difficult, especially at peak visiting times. The site is reviewing the parking facilities for both staff and visitors and, whilst it is not something we can fix immediately, we are working on solutions.

I do hope you are making a good recovery

Ann Marie

Response from Good Hope Hospital

Dear Sir or Madam, Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your inpatient stay at Good Hope Hospital last year. The Trust are always grateful to receive feedback from our patients whether it be positive or negative and it is lovely to be made aware that your stay was such a positive one. I have however, noted your comments in relation to the car parking. All feedback is used by the Patient Experience Team to identify themes and trends across the organisation to highlight areas of improvement and therefore your comments have been forwarded to the Patient Experience Team. Once again, thank you for posting your comments. Best wishes Patient Services Team