"Compassionate & professional care"

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital / Accident and emergency South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

(as a carer),

My mother was taken ill through dizzy spells and at one stage had stopped breathing for 10 seconds but luckily came around.

While panicking a little and on the phone to the Emergency operator an ambulanceman got their straight away by which time she had come around but was very poorly.

A crew were then called to take her to Queen Elizabeth Queen Hospital in Margate.

Both the ambulance service were professional and very compassionate treating her with dignity and respect.

The hospital care at A and E was faultless the only downside is the understaffing and the time we had to stay but in all honesty they ran all the tests they needed to do and found an irregular heart beat.

Both my mother and myself are grateful for the kindness and professionalism of the hospital Doctors and Nurses working in difficult circumstances and tighter budgets.

Response from Louise Hutchinson, Patient Experience Lead, South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Gabbyco

Thank you so much for taking the time to write in to compliment the ambulance crew that attended your mother recently. It really does mean a great deal to our staff when patients and carers take time to do this, and I know it always brightens their day.

If you would like to email details of the date and location at which we attended your mother I could pass on your thanks to the individual members of staff concerned, but I will leave it with you to decide. My email address, should you need it, is louise.hutchinson@secamb.nhs.uk.

Thank you again, very much, and I do hope you mother is now making a good recovery.

With best wishes to you and your mother, Louise Hutchinson.

Response from Sally Smith, Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you so much for your kind words about the A&E at the QEQM Hospital. We are always very proud when our staff give caring and compassionate care. I do hope your mother is now recovering well.