"My experience of A & E"

About: North Tyneside General Hospital

Yesterday, 19/9/14, I visited this department because of a leg injury. I would like to commend all of the staff I encountered, and the care that I received. Although my injury was fairly minor (torn cartilage in knee) , I was treated with professionalism, kindness and courtesy. They ensured that I would be able to manage at home, provided me with equipment to assist, and arranged for a later appointment because my knee was too painful to manipulate. The two doctors, nurses, occupational health therapist, physiotherapist, porters and x Ray staff were all professional, friendly and polite throughout, and I felt that I had received quality care from all. In all, a very positive experience at a very painful stressful time. Thank you.

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Margaret,

Ouch ....a torn knee cartiledge, I'm imagining that your pain & discomfort wasnt minor at all!

Thank you so much for finding the time to give our A&E team such lovely feedback. Thank you also for being very specific about all the different members of staff who played their part in delivering the high quality care you describe - it means a great deal to us to know that you found them all to be professional, kind and courteous.

I will make sure I pass this on & that it's shared at their next team meeting. As a Trust, we know that listening to all feedback we receive from patients and visitors, good or bad, helps us continually improve.

Take good care of yourself as you heal - hope the pain is now manageable.

With best wishes,