"Waiting 6 months for results for my daughter"

About: Western Infirmary/Gartnavel General / Ear, Nose & Throat

My daughter was sent for an ultrasound -eventually - at the ENT department at Gartnavel Hospital in August. It is now mid September and she has still not been told anything about her results apart from she has 3 lumps in her throat and will just need to wait to be contacted, despite her contacting the department and being told someone would call her back on numerous occasions.

Obviously, the entire family is going mad with worry but that seems to be of no interest to the health professionals involved. So, now here we are with another weekend to wait for to try to find out what is happening.

Considering she first attended her doctor around 6 months ago regarding this, I think we can fairly say that this is a prime example of a complete lack of regard for patient welfare. It is disgusting how she has been treated and we have now had to resolve to go private - which we can ill afford but the alternative is scary.

Dealing with a hospital and staff that are clearly overstretched or just do not care. From a worried and disgusted mother.

Dear Worriemum,

First of all I would like to apologise for the experience your daughter has had and that it has fallen short of our expectations of the care our patients should receive. While at the moment I cannot comment on the particular details of your daughter's case, I can appreciate that such a wait will be extremely stressful for your family and I am sorry that lack of communication has led to you both feeling even more anxious at this time.

I would appreciate if your daughter could contact me directly on lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk so that I can get some more information from her in order to address the concerns you have raised.

Best Wishes,