"friends and family doesnt work properly so posting..."

About: Royal Hallamshire Hospital

Comments All staff very caring and showed such empathy during a difficult time. Very professional. Nothing was too much trouble for the health care assistants and nurses, one member of staff in particular was so kind even though she was delivering such terrible news, I will be eternally grateful for how informative, professional and kind she was. I was touched when staff made me some toast as I was hungry as I'd not felt well for breakfast at home that morning. They make a good cup of tea. Very obviously a nurse led department as doctors not visible. Department would benefit from a lick of paint as bits look a little tatty (eg counselling room wallpaper coming off and horrible dead looking plastic plants). Lunch menu, last revised in 2009 was a tatty photocopy of a photocopy the sandwich was horrible but served a purpose. No fruit available. The negative things don't really matter when you have brilliant staff.

Response from Debbie Fletcher, Patient Partnership, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to give us such kind words of praise regarding your recent experience of our services. I am sorry however that you were unhappy with certian aspects of the service. If you would like us to investigate your concerns further, please contact our Patient Services Team on either 0114 2712400 or pst@sth.nhs.uk and they will take additional details from you.

Thank you once again.