"Thanks to endoscopy staff and a suggestion"

About: Vale of Leven General Hospital

(as a carer),

I wish to convey sincere thanks to the Endoscopy staff of the Day Medical Unit for their expert care, support and kindness to my husband and myself today-first class care indeed.

Could I please, however, suggest that a Vale of Leven hospital map to the main admission desk is included in the patient letter from the Unit Secretary/Waiting List Co-ordinator. New to the hospital we did not see signage for the admission desk and we went to the Day Hospital for Care of the Elderly by mistake.

After much searching of corridors and the help of 3 members of staff we arrived directly at the Endoscopy department on the 4th floor of the apparent maternity block. A map with the letter would have been so helpful for avoiding our confusion.

Dear Bridgeton,

Thank you for getting in touch, I am really pleased to hear that your husband received such excellent care at the Vale of Leven Hospital, and that you too felt the same levels of support and kindness. I will pass on your lovely comments to the staff in the Endoscopy department who I'm sure will be glad to get such positive feedback.

Your point regarding the usefulness of a site map of the hospital, and indeed the absence of appropriate signage to the department, is very useful and I will take this forward with the relevant members of staff to look into how this can be improved.

Thank you again for taking the time to pass on your feedback.

Best Wishes,

Lorna

• Bridgeton thinks this response is helpful

Response from Lorna Gray, Patient Experience, Public Involvement Project Manager, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde We have made a change

Dear Bridgeton,

It has been a while since you sent in the above post, but I just wanted to give you a quick update on your suggestion of map to the Endoscopy Department.

Following from the feedback you provided, work has been undertaken to review the maps and directions provided to patients. The Lead Nurse for this service has confirmed that a map of the hospital has now been produced and is being sent out with appointment letters. I therefore hope that this change makes it easier for patients attending the clinic in future.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and helping us to make this improvement.

Best Wishes,