"Attending the ED at Hairmyres Hospital "

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Emergency department

I'd like to thank and praise all the staff I came into contact with during my attendance at the Emergency Department today.

I was booked in, assessed, had an x-ray (nothing broken thankfully), reviewed and given clear advice by the doctor before being discharged and all within one hour!

I didn't get the names of all the staff but the Receptionists in the ED and Radiology Departments were polite and welcoming, as were the Radiography staff.

Particular thanks to Sister Jan and Dr Cemal in the Minor Injuries Unit who looked after me and kept me informed of what was happening.

Response from Susan Friel, Chief of Nursing Services, Hairmyres Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Jool

Thank you for taking the time to write about your positive experience within our ED and radiology departments. I'm so glad the care you received from our team was what you would hope for. I am very proud of the Hairmyres staff, and I know that they always strive to provide the best and safest care that they can. I'll ensure that your thanks are passed on to the team - particularly Jan and Dr Cemal, who will be delighted that you were happy with the care they provided.

I hope you continue to recover well from your unfortunate injury.

Many Thanks