"Unable to contact department after 4 weeks"

About: Devon Referral Support Services North Devon District Hospital / Endocrinology

I need to be referred to the Endocinology Dept. at Northern Devon District hospital. I received a letter from the Devon Referral Support Services (DRSS) 4 weeks ago but neither myself or DRSS have been able to contact the Endocinology Dept. It seems they very rarely answer the phone. The people on the switchboard at the hospital say that department very often don’t answer the phone

The people at DRSS have been quite helpful but they are unable to contact the department to arrange an appointment and I am concerned that I have already gone 4 weeks without even having an appointment date.

Dear Patient

Thank you for posting your comments on the website. I was sorry to see that you are having difficulities contacting the Endocrinilogy Deaptment. Can you please contact us through the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01271 314090 or 01271 322334 as soon as possible so we can take more details, look into why the department is having diffucties in being contacted and help you with arranging your appointment.

Many thanks - Jayne

Response from Devon Referral Support Services

Dear ‘Long430’,

Thank you very much for getting in touch to feedback about your experience of the service. I’m very glad that you have found the DRSS to be helpful and I’m sorry that we haven’t been able to secure you an appointment yet.

I see that Jayne has invited you to call in to the PALS service in order that they can help you arrange your appointment. Just to let you know that we, as the referral service for Devon, will contact Jayne to see what we can do improve the referral process for future patients. I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Best wishes,