"Overall the service given was excellent"

About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

I was suffering from what I thought were chest pains in the early hours last Friday. I was in pain and was worried so I called 999. The call handler was very good and after talking to me arranged for an ambulance to be called. The ambulance arrived within 8 minutes. They came from the Marston Trading Estate in Frome. The paramedics were brilliant. They stayed with me and checked everything and were great with me. It turned out that it was abdominal cramp and after they had talked through treatment with a doctor over the phone, the pain thankfully subsided. Overall the service given was excellent and I’m thinking of going up to their base to thank them.

Dear Closer934

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope you are feeling much better now.

It is always rewarding to hear that our staff are continuing to provide excellent care to our patients when they need us most.

I would like to pass your kind comments onto the call handler and ambulance crew who came to your aid. Would you be able to contact me, laura.martin@swast.nhs.uk or call 01392 453831, at your convenience, with the date and address that the ambulance attended? This would allow me to identify the staff involved and ensure they are recognised for the care they gave.

Thank you again for providing feedback on our service.