"Good care for my Pelvic Floor Repair and Hip Replacement"

About: Royal Alexandra Hospital / Gynaecology Royal Alexandra Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

I underwent a total hip replacement in the RAH in December, operated on by Julie Smith, I found her a most pleasant lady and very professional. I found one nurse and all the patients agreed to be a non smiling unapproachable nurse who we felt we could not approach. Apart from this one nurse, I would like to thank the staff at the time I was in for all their care.

I underwent a pelvic floor repair in late August, operated on by Andrew Patterson who again I found to be a most pleasant man even although there were a grave shortage of beds, Elaine one of the nurses found me a bed at the very last minute. Cheers to all the nurses, especially Diane who was a star at looking after us and Debbie, a very professional nurse who I thought was the sister! Speaking of the sister, I was pretty surprised that she never showed her face into the rooms at any time of my 4 day stay there which was contrary to the sister in the orthopaedic ward who came in daily. Anyway thanks to all the staff at Ward 18 who were wonderful.

Dear Paisley Princess,

I am so glad to hear that you had a good experience in our care at the Royal Alexandra Hospital and I would like to thank you for highlighting this - the staff on both the Orthopaedic Ward and Ward 18 will be really pleased to recieve your positive comments and I will make sure this is passed on to them.

I have picked up that there were a couple of incidences where the attitude of the staff was not of the same standard as the majority and so I will highlight this also.

Thanks again for taking the time to pass on your comments.

Best Wishes,