"Excellent care"

About: Alnwick Infirmary

I attended Alnwick after going into urinary retention and in great distress and pain. I was attended to very swiftly and with great care from the nursing staff at a busy time. A local GP was summoned and I was diagnosed given treatment and sent home with a beaming smile and pain free. Thankyou so much and please continue to be available to the residents of north Northumberland.

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Sir / Madam,

Please forgive me - I have just discovered that your review from 4 months ago has remained unanswered on the Patient Opinion webiste. I am extremely sorry, I usually try to respond to all posts as quickly as I can, out of respect for those who have taken the time to share thier views.

I see that the original story was from NHS Choices so I will try and find out from them what has happened in this case and why we werent notified in the usual way?

I am so pleased that you were left pain free and thoroughly delighted with all aspects of care received by the team in Anwick - this sort of feedback means the world to our staff.

Thanks for sharing your story and apologies again for the delay in coming back to you.