"The one stop clinic for menstrual ..."

About: University Hospital Of North Tees

The one stop clinic for menstrual problems was fantastic, saw my consultant who after introducing himself asked me if I minded having a student present as he had a young chap with him in clinic. He took a very thorough history, and took his time to explain what he was going to do, the two nurses present were fabulous, they were discreete and ensured that at all times my dignity and comfort came first, as some of the tests were invasive and not pleasant

I didnt want my husband in during the tests but would have liked to have been asked if I would like him to join me when I discussed with the consultant the tests and treatment options, this is more about me rather than the staff I had a loss of "cool" and forgot some information that I needed to share and felt he would've possible spoken up. I must stress this is no critisism of the staff its a sugesstion to consider.

I was able to share the detail I didnt do in clinic with my consultant the following day, I found the consultants secretary helpful and to her word. Even though I felt I was being a bother at no point gave me this impression he allowed me to discuss with him the issue and how this would influence treatment choices.

I am very grateful for his help expertise and treatment and following surgery am now on the road to recovery. Over all great experience

Response from University Hospital Of North Tees

We’re pleased you were happy with your care but we are also grateful for your suggestions because these help us to improve services in future. Thank you for taking the trouble to leave your comments on NHS Choices.