"my mum"

About: Central Lancashire PCT / Community nursing

I have found the community matron service to be exceptional helpful it has pointed us in the right direction - straight to the person who can give the help/service that we needed when we needed it.

It has been invaluable in provideing help and support, she has always been ready and willing with the advice and help we have needed. I wish we had been directed to the service sooner. Having never needed advice or help before on caring for an elderly parent, who is now housebound we had no idea what help or services were available or how to get them activated.

Mum had gone from living alone and able to do her own daily routine - being taken where she needed to go, to her present state overnight and it has taken some adjusting to the changes.

Response from Julie-Ann Bowden, Clinical Quality and Assurance Manager, NHS Central Lancashire

Dear hadnoidea,

Thank you for letting us know of your experience of the Community Matron Service as a relative and carer.

Providing support to patients in their chosen environment is one of the aims of the service. By ensuring that individuals have the information and help they need to make sure they receive the right healthcare is very important.