"Rude nurse at children's A&E"

About: East Surrey Hospital

My child has a damaged ankle. We went the children's emergency department where the nurse we saw decided to have our consultation in the waiting room in front of a room full of people, rather than take us to a cubicle, as my child was in a wheelchair. This nurse was very rude and blunt in speaking to me, then proceeded to tidy up the books and magazines as I was talking. I feel that this nurse is a disgrace to the profession. I have never had a problem with East Surrey hospital and found every department I have visited extremely helpful, but this nurse certainly let the hospital down. I am in a professional career and would never dream of speak to anyone the way this nurse spoke to me.

Response from Bethan Borrett, Digital Communications Manager, Communications, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear 'me29'

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I am sorry to hear about your experience of our Paediatric Emergency Department. We continually try to improve the care we give to patients and feedback plays an important role in this. I will make sure that your comments are passed on to the team.

Kind Regards,