"Outwood Ward"

About: East Surrey Hospital

My daughter was admitted Wednesday 3rd Sept to children's A&E and was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. From the minute we entered the hospital we were given fantastic treatment and care by all hospital staff we were in contact with. The diagnosis was quick and they dealt with my daughter in a very compassionate and caring manner and reassured us as parents, keeping us informed at all times. I was amazed at the amount of support and specialist care offered to us as a family but more importantly to my daughter. The nurse on duty was an excellent; caring, always checking my daughter and us were okay, keeping us informed and asking along the way if we had any questions. It was the first time my daughter has been to hospital and due to the excellent staff she got through this difficult couple of days very well. The aftercare we have also received from East Surrey has been very good. The only slight niggle is the quality of food. My daughter isn't a fussy eater and will eat pretty much anything but it wasn't very appetising and I didn't think the selection of food was tailored towards children. It was important she ate well during her stay as she had diabetes and often we would go to the restaurant to buy her snacks to fill her up.

Response from Bethan Borrett, Digital Communications Manager, Communications, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Tracy,

Kind Regards,

Bethan

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Dear Tracy, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your daughters care at East Surrey Hospital. I am pleased to read that she was given fantastic care from our staff and that you were kept informed of what was happening. I will make sure your comments are passed onto the teams in Children's ED and on Outwood ward - who I know will be pleased with to hear what you've said about your time here. Kind Regards, Bethan Borret