"Calls not returned by the diabetic team"

About: Vale of Leven General Hospital

I have been telephoning the Diabetic Department at the Vale of Leven hospital for two days. I have left three messages in the space of three days and not one person has called me back. At the moment, the Vale of Leven is being covered by the Diabetic team from the RAH. Not only did the answer machine not have a message, but it did not say if the nurses were off today nor if I should phone the RAH.

I have had to go through the whole process of calling my GP, as this service was not replying to my messages, which leave the GP having to call me in between her surgery for a minor thing that could be dealt with by the Diabetic team. There really needs to be more accurate information for patients by the diabetic department as this is not a good way to treat patients.

Dear waterloo,

I am sorry that you have had such trouble contacting the Diabetic Team and that you have had to go through your GP for information and support. I also notice that you have highlighted this issue previously so let me check on what happened at that time and speak again with the team to see how this matter can be resolved.

I will get back in touch with you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,

Lorna

• waterloo thinks this response is helpful

Dear waterloo,

Thank you again for getting in touch through Patient Opinion and giving me time to look into the points you have raised. I have spoken to the General Manager responsible for the Diabetic Department at the Vale of Leven who advises that the answer machine at the Vale of Leven asks patients to leave their number so their call can be returned. It also advises what to do in an emergency and provides the Royal Alexandra Hospital diabetes service number. The RAH diabetes team check this answer machine daily and call the patients back.

I hope this addresses some of your concerns and thank you for taking the time to highlight these points.

Best Wishes,

Lorna

• waterloo doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think it is helpful

Update posted by waterloo (the patient)

Hi Lorna just to confirm to you the answer machine at the Vale hospital does not currently advise to ring the RAH only says GP or NHS 24 perhaps it would be helpful if it says RAH but currently does not give information on this