"parapet appintment"

About: King Edward Vii Hospital (Windsor)

I attended an appointment at The Parapet on 8/9/14. In total I was seen by five different members of staff & kept waiting for an hour & a half between diagnostics & consultant. This is unacceptable. There was no personal input and I felt like I was on a conveyor belt. When I finally got to see the consultant & was asked to strip off yet again, I expressed my dissatisfaction & the doctor argued with me. Overall, a very unpleasant experience from which I left feeling very angry & violated. I will not be attending this centre again & I'm only glad I did not have a serious diagnosis.

Response from Heatherwood and Wexham Park Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on what was clearly a very distressing experience for you. I am sorry that we got it wrong for you. I do take any feedback seriously and would like to be able to learn from your experience to improve things for others. I would be grateful if you contact me directly on claire.marshall@hwph-tr.nhs.uk with more details and a phone number where I can ring you.

I hope you feel you can contact me to discuss this

Kind Regards

Claire Marshall

Associate Director of Patient Experience and Public Involvement

Response from King Edward Vii Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review - I am sorry for the delay in responding to you. I did post a response on the Patient Opinion website yesterday as well. I am sorry that your experience was not a positive one and that we clearly got it wrong for you. I take all our feedback very seriously and would be grateful if you could contact me directly on claire.marshall@hwph-tr.nhs.uk so we can investigate this to make sure we learn and improve things for others. I do hope to hear from you Kind Regards Claire Marshall Associate Director of Patient Experience and Public Involvement