"Day centre treatment for young man with anxiety..."

About: Royal Preston Hospital

Today my son has had a very minor treatment carried out in the day centre. He suffers from extreme anxiety and other disabilities, the hospital staff have been excellent in the planning and carrying out of this treatment so ensure as little anxiety was caused as possible. They discussed with us entry to the unit, provided a quite place for us to sit, allowed him time to sit with us while being sedated and have provided excellent aftercare until we were ready to leave for home. This is the second time we have had to arrange this service which was carried out with considerable empathy for both my son and our needs as his primary carers. I can't thank you enough for dealing with something that is minor but very important to his mobility and well being with the same level of care I am guessing you give to all treatments provided. All staff today have given their time generously to discuss process and procedures with us. Many thanks

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your son's experience. I'm extremely pleased that the care and communication provided by staff was of the standard we aim to provide to all our patients. Please be assured that your kind comments have been shared with staff in the Day Unit.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you very much for telling us of your experience when you attended the Royal Preston Hospital with your son. It is so pleasing to hear that his experience was so positive and that the standard of care and support he received was at the level we aim to provide to all our patients.