"Very bad experience"

About: Homerton University Hospital

Well...I was quite surprised because when I told the lady that I haven't slept in two days because of the pain in my throat, told her that I was not eating because of the pain in my throat and told her that even swallowing, she checked on a website and told that even the website says that I was not allowed to get any antibiotics. Today, the day after been to Homerton, I went to St Andrews Health Centre and they found out that instead of a laryngitis there is an abscess in my throat. Yes, an abscess. This is dangerous guys. I really hope I was an isolated case because we are putting our health in your hands. I sing professionally and this abscess, if not taken in time, could cost me a lot for the rest of my life. Just saying. I will never come back in Homerton. And so my flatmate, who suggested it to me.

Response from Homerton University Hospital

We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience at our A&E department. Your feedback has been passed onto the team. We would like to understand more about what happened on this occasion so that we can give you a full explanation and aim to resolve the issues you have raised concerning your care and treatment. I hope you will contact PALS 020 8510 7315 or PALS.Service@homerton.nhs.uk so that we can investigate further and give you an opportunity to discuss your concerns.