"Emergency treatment"

About: St Mary's Hospital (London)

I visited a &e at St Marys after struggling to manage my blood sugar (I have type 1 diabetes)and becoming very dehydrated during a bout of gastroenteritis. I was seen after a short wait, taken through to Majors and treated quickly and kindly by the doctors. The hospital was extremely busy and I had a long wait to be transferred up to a ward, but was very well looked after by the nursing staff. On Manvers ward, I was impressed not only by the cleanliness of the room and the efficency of the treatment but by the kindness shown by every single person I came into contact with. Everyone from the nurses and assistants to the lady who brought the meals was genuinely friendly and concerned for my welfare. Nothing was too much trouble! I also liked that once my sugar was back under control, the doctors were happy for me to manage my own insulin and blood testing etc and discussed discharge details with me well in advance. I can't thank them enough.

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Imperial College Healthcare NHS trust is delighted to receive your review via NHS Choices. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and your kind appreciation for the care you received. Your comments are important to us and have been passed on.