"Hip replacement"

About: Wrightington Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

my late Mum had 2 hip replacements at Wrightington..they lasted 30 years...In fact until her death in 2012.

In 2008 I had left hip replaced by Mr Nagai...I love him..he understood pain..when I went 4 consultations he bent down and tied my shoelaces for me..he knew it hurt to bend.

18 months later had my right hip replaced (Mr Nagai again)..he also lengthened my right leg..for the 1st time in my life was 'balanced'...........I salute Mr Nagai and all at Wrightington..where it all began....I salute the nhs

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for the kind comments shared in your posting regarding Mr Nagai and the treatment and care you have received at Wrightington. It is pleasing to note that the care received by both you and your late mother was of the highest quality, which is what we would expect for patients who choose to have their treatment and care at this Trust. I will ensure that your comments are shared with Mr Nagia and the Division of Specialist Services.