"Awaiting Test Results"

About: Sunderland Royal Hospital

4th June!!! Went for my bone density scan and was told the results would be sent to my GP in approx. 4 weeks!! w/c 4th Aug I decided to chase my results having heard nothing. GP wasn't aware, chased the hospital and was advised there was a delay, was just waiting for a consultant to sign them off. I was given various departments to call when progress still wasn't being made - X-Ray, MRI - Fracture Clinic - passed from pillar to post. Finally got through to someone w/c 10th Aug who said they would be sent to GP's imminently. Just returned from 2 weeks holiday, phoned GP's - still no results!!! 13 weeks and counting - must be a record!!

Response from Sunderland Royal Hospital

We are really sorry to hear you have experienced difficulties in obtaining results of your investigations. Our Patient Advice and Liaison Team will be able to liaise with the Orthopaedic Department on your behalf to try and resolve the situation. If you would like them to do this for you, please email: pals@chs.northy.nhs.uk with your contact details and the dates of your appointments/investigations.