"Abdominal pain care"

About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance Southmead Hospital / General surgery

Suffered acute abdominal pain over a period of several hours at the same time being sick on several occasions.

Required an ambulance to take me to Bristol Southmead Hospital for treatment in August. Tim and Liesl the 999 crew staff at Southmead are good.

The a&e reception area for waiting patients could be improved.

Dear Benllech Girl

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope you are feeling better.

I am glad that you were happy with the ambulance staff who attended to you. I shall ensure Tim and Liesl are made aware of this post.

Thank you for providing feedback on our service.

Laura

Response from Steven Sykes, Advice & Complaints Team Manager, North Bristol NHS Trust

Dear Benllech Girl - I hope that you are now receivery from your acute abdominal pain.

Thank you for your feedback about the A&E area in Southmead hospital. I have passed on your comments to the service so they can be aware that you feel the reception area can be improved.

Kind Regards -