"Lack of post operative care"

About: East Anglia East Of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust / Emergency ambulance Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital / Neurology

(as a friend),

I have been helping a friend who lives alone. and had major surgery two weeks ago.

She was sent home after two days with no care put in place and no instructions. She has been in 8increasing pain and distress. Today I took her to her GP. As a result I have just seen her into an ambulance 8. 30 pm which will take her to Norfolk hospital.

Lack of after care has resulted in extra work and expense for the Health Service.

It`s crazy.

We are very sorry that your friend experienced pain and distress following her surgery. We would always encourage patients to get in touch with the ward if they experience difficulties after going home. Thank you for arranging for your friend to see the GP and we hope she makes a good recovery.

Response from Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

We are sorry to hear about the experience of your friend following her surgery. If you would like to get in touch and speak to us in more detail, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service at: pals@nnuh.nhs.uk