"Fracture clinic could not do enough for me"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / Trauma & orthopaedics

After being at the A&E on the tues I received a call on the wed from the fracture clinic asking how my ankle was, told them it was sore and swollen they said on checking xray's that the tissue round the bone was pulled away and I had flaked a bit of bone, could I go in and collect a boot and crutches which I did.

Ended up in that department for over an hour as the nurse was a bit concerned about the bruising, I had also said I could not move my big toe she was determined to make sure there was no more damage. what a difference between departments fracture clinic could not do enough for me. It felt like the A&E did not seem to be interested.

Dear Mexie,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience of the fracture clinic at Glasgow Royal Infirmary, I am happy to hear that your visit to A&E was followed up and that you felt that you were well cared for by the nurse who treated you. The fracture clinic will be very happy to hear this feedback and I will pass on your comments to them.

I know that you have also given us feedback on your experience at Accident and Emergency which was not so positive, however I am pleased that your experience has improved with your visit to the Fracture Clinic.

Best Wishes,