"No information given on my wife's condition or..."

About: Queen's Medical Centre

My wife was re-admitted to ward d10 after her condition deteriurated considerably in previous treatment in early June 2014; Apart from the initial chat with the doctor who admitted her, he wanted to know her history, it was virtually impossible to speak to any of the medical staff regarding her condition. During visiting times, her nurses seemed unable to arrange a meeting with any of her doctors - The doctors were always too busy, I tried to ring up out of hours to arrange a meeting, but the phone was never answered. I tried to contact her consulant's secretary but the phone was not answered, and my calls were not returned, even though messages were left.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your concerns. From your later comment from 24 August we can see that you have managed to resolve your difficulties after speaking with a senior member of the nursing staff, and we are glad you were able to find a solution. We will of course share your feedback with senior colleagues to learn how to improve patient experience in the future.