"Superb treatment at QA"

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

Today I attended a follow-up clinic for a problem which arose 6 months ago with my thyroid. From the time I arrived at QA I encountered only courtesy, effective help in a number of matters and impressive efficiency. The volunteer in the main entrance could not have been more helpful and introduced me to the booking in system and explained the way to the clinic. There I was met by cheerful, friendly and courteous staff and met with a specialist nurse exactly at the scheduled time. She tested my neck and sent me for another ultrasound and possible biopsy at the One Stop clinic service on Level C. There I was seen within about 20 minutes. Back in the D level offices I was seen quickly by the specialist nurse and a very senior doctor who explained that there was now no problem. Whilst waiting to see the medical staff I noted that other patients were also being seen with the same courtesy and speed. This was an impressive demonstration of an effective and efficient hospital. Thank you to the QA staff.

Response from Marion Brown, Head of Complaints and Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS), Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust

I am very pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience at the hospital recently and will be passing your comments to the staff who will be grateful for your feedback.

Should you ever wish to provide feedback directly to us, good or bad, then please contact the Patient Experience Team (e-mail: PHT.PatExp@porthosp.nhs.uk) or telephone 0800 917 6039.

Response from Queen Alexandra Hospital

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed account of your most recent visit to Queen Alexandra Hospital. We are so pleased that all the staff you encountered along your journey treated you professionally and courteously. Please be assured that we will of course, pass your kind comments on to the Endocrinology Team.