"Information in regads of patient"

About: Medway Maritime Hospital

I have looked after an elderly neighbour for 20 years, on the day of admission I was in hospital myself so could not help but my wife drove him to the doctors where he was then admitted to Pembury hospital then later transferred to Medway. Calling Pembury the staff were very helpful giving me details of his transfer. On calling Medway hospital and explaining the situation that this chap has no one else and has left a property with animals, further explaining my hospital admission where I had back surgery so could not visit the staff were rude, showed no compassion at all, did not care, this man will feel desperate. I have never been spoken to by a hospital in that manner, looking at the feedback Medway hospital has received how long can it operate?

Response from Medway Maritime Hospital

We are extremely sorry to hear about your experience when calling Medway Maritime Hospital. The behaviour you describe is not acceptable and we need to challenge it. Please do get in touch with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service to provide more details so we can find out more. You can contact the PALS team between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday, by telephone on 01634 825004 or 01634 830000 x5793 or by email at pals@medway.nhs.uk or in person on level 2 in the main entrance area of the hospital. Once again, apologies for your experience.