"I am being passed from pillar to post"

About: Queen Elizabeth Hospital / Dermatology

After 2 failed attempts by my practice to make a referral for me to dermatology at Queen Mary’s Hospital earlier this year, I attended a dermatology appointment in May 2014 to have a suspicious lesion removed. I have not received my results which were promised within 8 weeks.

Despite my continued attempts to contact the Dermatology team on the telephone numbers provided I have had no response. I have tried speaking to my GP who has said he cannot help and directed me back to the hospital, where I continue to get no answer on the telephone.

I am very frustrated and have tried very avenue to resolve this but am being passed from pillar to post. I am worried about my results but am getting no response from the hospital and no support from my GP practice.

How can I escalate this?

Response from Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Due to a technical issue you may not have received a response to your comments.

Thank you for your feedback. I can only apologise for the experience you had. We take all feedback seriously and as a reflection of our practice. I will share your comments with Dermatology team to help improve the quality of service we deliver in the future.

Patient Experience Team