"Lack of care at A&E "

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / Accident & Emergency

On 26th July I fell down a kerb outside Arta in Glasgow during the Merchant City Festival. I was on the ground for 1. 5 hours waiting on an ambulance, I was then taken to the 1st aid post and waited another 40 mins for the ambulance to arrive. I was taken to A&E at Glasgow Royal Infirmary where I was left waiting in a corridor for 3 hours with no water or anything. As my left ankle was badly was badly swollen my Husband asked the Doctor on duty if they could elevate and was told there was nothing to elevate it with and that I had to use my Handbag.

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Dear suzyq5

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide your feedback. In the first instance, in order for us to investigate your concerns further I would be grateful if you could contact me with your personal details at paul.cannon@ggc.scot.nhs.uk.

Once again thank you for using the Patient Opinion website, it is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Dear suzyq5,

I understand that you have been in contact with Paul directly and I would like to thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Your comments have been passed on to the General Manager for Emergency Care who advised that patients in Accident and Emergency are assessed and seen according to clinical priority, however would like to apologise for the wait that you experienced and that you had cause to complain on this occasion.

If you would like to discuss anything further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Wishes,