"Doctor was excellence in action"

About: William Harvey Hospital / Accident and emergency

This hospital is part of East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust.

In these times when one hears so many complaints about the NHS and its hospitals, I thought I should write you and give you some good news.

In mid August my wife was admitted to the William Harvey Hospital accident and emergency department for a cranial Cat-Scan. Business was brisk and the waiting times not short, but that is beside the point. Her condition was not an immediate life threatening emergency.

Eventually we saw a young doctor, Daniel Keown, and I must tell you that this young man is an exceptionally competent, patient friendly, and well organised medical physician.

I have no idea if he is regular member of staff or a summer locum but he is an asset to be cherished if he is.

One meets many people over a lifetime and develops a critical assessment of their character and competencies and it is always a pleasant surprise to witness excellence in action.

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. I will ensure that staff in A&E see your feedback including Dr Keown. I do hope your wife is recovering well.