"This department is a credit to the hospital"

About: Royal Bournemouth General Hospital / Accident and emergency

I was admitted with chest pain, had exceptionally good care from all A&E staff, who were friendly, caring, reassuring and supportive.

I am at a loss to see how so many people complain about this department there staff are fantastic. I waited for a reasonable amount of time just under 4 hours but in that time had blood tests, chest x ray, examination by 2 doctors and one nurse. Diagnosed and treated and home.

I think all this being done in that time is incredible and this department is a credit to the hospital. Thanks

Response from Sue Mellor, Patient Experience Lead, Royal Bournemouth & Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear 's89765'

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of A&E with us. We value all comments as they help us to develop our services and I am pleased that you mentioned all the investigations you had during the 4 hours of your attendance.

Thank you also for noting how caring, reassuring and supportive the staff were during your visit.

Your comments will be passed on to the Department Sister to share with her staff at the next team meeting.

Once again thank you for your comments and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Sue Mellor