"Mental health service has been minimal and unhelpful"

About: Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health

I have been suffering with depression, self harming, cutting and over dosing most of my life. I also suffer with anxiety, bulimia and post traumatic stress disorder.

The service since moving to this area from West Sussex, has been minimal and unhelpful.

I suffer also from a physical disability, nerve damage to my left leg which makes walking painful, also my leg gives out making it unsafe for me to be out alone.

I have been made to feel awkward, uncared for, had no duty of care regime implemented, also no care plan has been established, only threats, ‘I do not need help’, ‘I am wasting peoples time’ and should be signed off from the mental health team in Skegness.

Since being here Sept 2013, I have been taken to the mental health centre in Lincoln to be assessed, nothing was forwarded and been admitted to Boston Hospital after taking an overdose and being found by neighbours, passed out in garden. I had a fantastic Community Psychiatric Nurse in West Sussex, since being here I feel isolated and alone.

Response from Marion Christopher, Patient Experience Coordinator, PALS & Complaints, Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

I am sorry that you are feeling isolated and alone, if you would like to contact the PALS department on PALS@lpft.nhs.uk or telephone 01529 222265 we can look into your individual case for you.