"The lady on Reception was very helpful"

About: St Mary's Hospital (Portsmouth)

The lady on Reception was very helpful

My Partner and I attended the Early Pregnancy Unit. After receiving some devasting news we were left to sit in a room for so long that I thought we had been forgotton about. Then when someone did call us through to their office, we were spoken to like idiots and the nurse involved seemed to be pre occupied with something else and left the room to make a phone call!!

The real icing on the cake was to be told that the loss of our baby was I quote "Just a bit of bad luck" Loosing your wallet is bad luck, loosing a baby is somewhat more devasting. The nurse concerned needs some vital training in how to deal with patients in this situation!!!

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Thank you for giving us your feedback. We are sorry that you appear to have experienced a level of care that falls below our expected standards. We have passed your comments on the relevant senior staff member in this department. However, for us to fully investigate in any detail we would suggest that you might like to speak to our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) who can be contacted by calling Freephone 0800 917 6039 or emailing pals@porthosp.nhs.uk