"I was admitted to ward 1 at North ..."

About: North Tyneside General Hospital

I was admitted to ward 1 at North Tyneside General for sugery. It was with some trepidation I arrived on the morning. My experience as a staff nurse making me more aware of all things involving myself and my surroundings.

I have to say I was impressed with all aspects of my stay (3 nights), the cleanliness, the friendliness, even the food! Most of all the quality of care. Doctors, nurses, physio's and ancillary staff were professional and caring and the management of the ward superb.

May stay was eased by the confidence I had in the excellent nursing staff - in the banking sector they would be given large bonuses - I was not a symptom, an illness or a problem - I was a human being who needed help. Their professional ability and generosity of spirit ensured their care was a very high standard.

Response from North Tyneside General Hospital

Thank you for your message through the NHS choices web site regarding the care afforded to you recently at North Tyneside General Hospital. It was very kind of you to write and compliment the medical team on their care and I have copied your letter to the medical and nursing staff involved.

Thank you for taking the time to write.