"Long wait in women's outpatients"

About: Whiston Hospital

Once a month for the last 3 months I have been having Zoladex injections in the Women's Outpatients suite. Not once have I been seen at the correct time, despite being courteous and arriving 10 minutes early for my appointment, as most people do. I have been in to see the doctor over 40 minutes late every time I have been, and the worst has been an appointment time of 14:35 and not being seen until 15.50! why are the appointments always running so late, and why have the staff not made the consultation times longer to accommodate this and stop patients spending such ridiculous amounts of time in the waiting room?! I am not looking forward to the next 3 injections I need to have to finish the course!

Response from Whiston Hospital

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry you found the services at the Women's Outpatients department not to your satisfaction. If you would like to discuss this further so that we can learn from your experience and see if we can address the waiting times, please do not hesitate to contact the Trust PALs team via the hospital switchboard on 0151 426 1600.